$100.00 – $120.00
- The KBO™ boasts the patented filament wound fiberglass/carbon fiber design as other Cataract® Oars shafts. 2x the breaking strength of aluminum at 60% the weight.
- Our shafts flex and rebound like wood oars without the need of constant refinishing.
- An innovative thumb notch on the end of the rubber-cushioned handles gives you superior orientation of your blade while keeping your eyes on what lies ahead.
- The KBO™ has a tough, urethane finish protecting the shaft from scratches, dings, and UV rays, increasing the life of the oar.
- Buy the KBO™ as a one-piece shaft or a breakdown two-piece shaft for packing and portability.
- KBO™ oar shafts are compatible with our Mini Cutthroat™ and Mini Magnum™ oar blades. These blades float.
- The KBO™ is not a replacement for the larger SGG™ and SGX™ oars. With the shorter shaft length and smaller blade, this oar is perfect for kick boats, drift boats, and other small water craft, especially where portability is important to you.
- Optionally, add a rope wrap for quieter rowing.
- Available only in our unweighted handle option
- Available only in black
- Shaft overall lengths include the approximately 19.5″ long blade (sold separately). For a list of ACTUAL shaft lengths, please see the Specs section.
We designed the KBO™ for smaller boats. By shortening the shafts we created the ideal rowing configuration for modest vessels. Mild or rough waters, navigate with perfection. Cataract® Oars offers the KBO™ as a one-piece or two-piece configuration. The breakdown two-piece design is great for portability. Built with the same tough materials as the SGG™ and our patented filament winding technique, the KBO™ is strong, flexible, and lighter than other oars on the market. The KBO™ oar is not, however, a replacement for our bigger oars. Rather, the KBO™ is a great option for kick boats and small fishing vessels. Its compact design makes it perfect for space saving. Compatible with the Mini Magnum™ and Mini Cutthroat™ oar blades.