CRAFTED FOR THOSE BRUTAL RUNS THAT REALLY TORTURE YOUR OARS.
Stiffer than SGG™ oars, the SGX™ oar handles large, heavy boats and bigger water with ease. Under moderate river conditions, many rowers prefer the flex and rebound of the SGG™. In truly belligerent waters, however, most river rats find SGG™ oars too pliant. 33% stiffer than the SGG™, the SGX™ resists major displacement by those massive whitewater surges and provides instant response and precision when it matters most. This is a powerful oar with less flex and more fortitude. It’s compatible with our Magnum™, Cataract™, Cutthroat™, and Streamlite™ blades.
Overall oar lengths include the 27″ long blade (sold separately). For a list of ACTUAL shaft lengths, see the “Specs” section.
- Only Available in Ice Blue.
- Filament wound oar shaft made of strong fiberglass/carbon fiber.
- 33% stiffer than our original SGG™ oar shaft. The added stiffness creates more responsiveness when maneuvering larger boats and burly swells.
- An innovative thumb notch on the end of the rubber-cushioned handles gives you superior orientation of your blade while your eyes stay focused on obstacles up ahead.
- Optional counterbalance handles add 4lbs at the top of the shaft reducing swing weight for less fatigue. See handles for more details and choices.
- Tough, urethane finish protects the shaft from scratches, dings, and UV rays, increasing the life of the oar.
- Compatible with Cataract™, Cutthroat™, Magnum II™ , Streamlite™ blades. These blades float.
- Optionally, add a rope wrap to protect your shaft from wear, give you a quieter rowing experience, and achieve better control in the oar locks.
THE BETTER OAR FOR BIGGER BOATS.
For moving a heavier raft or boat, you don’t want the dissipated energy of too much rebound. Our customers appreciate the rigidity of the SGX™ when hauling away on a big rig.
A MORE RIGID OAR FOR BURLIER WHITEWATER.
Lest you think that the SGX™ oar is too stiff, however—it isn’t. We’ve done our homework on this beast, giving it the backbone to stand up to serious punishment, while offering enough flex to know you’re rowing with a carbon/fiberglass oar shaft from Cataract® Oars. You’ll appreciate the lower rebound, but you won’t mistake the SGX™ for those old-school oars. You know, the ones that perform and feel like cast iron. When you’re really torquing the SGX™, you’ll find it has the ideal amount of responsiveness for high-strain conditions.
THE SGX™ OAR CONTAINS A WHOLE LOT OF CARBON.
Featuring a higher percentage of carbon in its material structure these oars pack in strength, and leave the extra weight. In fact, SGX™ oars are stiffer, yet weigh a bit less than the SGG™. More carbon equals less weight and more strength on the river.
ICE BLUE AND LENGTHY OARS.
Cataract Oars offers the SGX™ in one color and two standard lengths: ten feet and eleven feet, ice blue. If you’re rowing a bigger craft, you need a longer oar—that’s why. We’ll do custom SGX™ lengths as well, if you ask nicely. Actually, if you ask at all. Just ask and we’ll do it. Contact us.
SHORTEN YOUR SGX™ OARS BY HALF.
It’s always a good idea to keep a spare handy, but an extra oar can take up a lot of space. The breakdown two-piece version of our SGX™ shaft condenses to stow easy. On the water, snap the two halves together and you’ve got a full-length oar ready to row.
|Dimensions||95 × 2.5 × 2.5 in|
No Rope Wrap, Rope Wrap, Rope Wrap with Counter Balance
Shaft Material: Fiberglass, Carbon fiber – 33% Stiffer than SGG Oars
Shaft Diameter: 1 7/8”, 2 1/4” with rope wrap
Warranty: 1 year
*Available with Rope Wrap
|Shaft||Overall Length – including blade (sold separate)|
*custom lengths available upon request. Contact Us
Returns and ExchangesThere are a few important aspects to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased. You can return unwanted items by post within 7 working days of receipt of your goods and if the product is unused and still packaged.
- You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- Only items that have been purchased directly from Cataract™ Oars.
- Please ensure that all item(s) you are returning is repackaged with all parts/stickers/etc..
Ship your item back to Cataract™ OarsFirst, contact us for any special details or requests: Address 2575 S 3270 W, Salt Lake City, UT 84119, USA Please remember to ensure that all item(s) you are returning is repackaged with all parts/stickers/etc.. For more information, view our full Shipping Policy information found on our website.
Paperback – June 1, 2018by Molly Absolon
Save: $5.74Read more
Save: $75.98Read more